Latest Movie Releases: Week of March 23

Get Hard Home Boychoir It Follows

Feature Story

2015 Oscars: Red Carpet videos, live tweeting of the ceremony, and tales from L.A.

Posted by Showbiz Monkeys | Sunday, February 22, 2015 @ 6:04am

It's Oscar Sunday, and ShowbizMonkeys.com once again ventured down to Hollywood, California to bring you our own unique coverage live from the Academy Awards. With Neil Patrick Harris ready to take the reins of the biggest awards ceremony in show business, movie fans are waiting to see which of their favourite features, actors, actresses, and film editors will come away with the famed golden statuette.

Read More  •  Comments ()

Supernatural: Paint it Black

Posted by Kyle Tetarenko | Thursday, March 26, 2015 @ 1:03am

Dean, she is married to Jesus.

Read More  •  Comments ()

Tony's Top Ten: Best Films of 2014

Posted by Tony Hinds | Sunday, March 22, 2015 @ 8:59pm

There is no denying that 2014 was the year of Birdman and Boyhood. Say what you will about 'em, but they made a massive impact on audiences. I loved both films, but unfortunately, they didn't quite make this list. That alone should be indicative of how many amazing films were released this year. I'm still just catching up with everything. I suppose I'm saying, please be understanding if your favorite movie didn't make the cut. There were so many great films from which to choose.

Just take a glance at my Honorable Mentions. I recommend them (almost) as highly as I do the listed films. Enjoy!

Read More  •  Comments ()

Supernatural: The Things They Carried

Posted by Kyle Tetarenko | Thursday, March 19, 2015 @ 1:20am

After a short hiatus, Supernatural is back and the Winchesters aren't going to be tackling their latest case alone.

Read More  •  Comments ()

Walkey Talk: BOYHOOD vs BIRDMAN

Posted by Michael Walkey | Sunday, February 22, 2015 @ 10:02am

Life lessons can occur anywhere. Epiphanies happen anytime. And in the most unusual places. Like riding on a bus for example...

"Why is Boyhood considered good? Nothing happens. It's about the boring mundane things that happen in a person's ordinary life. I go to the movies to escape my boring routine life. If I wanted reality, I'd look out the window. I go to the movies to escape reality."

Read More  •  Comments ()

Live from L.A.: Everything is a lie!

Posted by Andrew Lizotte | Saturday, February 21, 2015 @ 4:35pm

For those of you who don't know me in person or on stage, I can be pretty cynical. Prior to this week, I didn't know if there was a way left for me to feel alienated. Los Angeles found a way, my friends. I have always escaped into a rich fantasy life, facilitated by the silver screen. What I am about to say next may sound stupid, and I knew it intellectually, but it still hurt, you guys... the movies aren't real.

I'm going to pause so you can compose yourselves.

Read More  •  Comments ()

Supernatural: The Executioner’s Song

Posted by Kyle Tetarenko | Tuesday, February 17, 2015 @ 11:23pm

It has been a long road but the Winchesters have finally tracked down the Father of Murder himself, Cain.

Read More  •  Comments ()

Supernatural: Halt & Catch Fire

Posted by Kyle Tetarenko | Tuesday, February 10, 2015 @ 11:44pm

The Winchesters may have encountered their fair share of ghosts but have they ever fought one that used 4G LTE speeds?

Read More  •  Comments ()

Supernatural: About a Boy

Posted by Kyle Tetarenko | Wednesday, February 4, 2015 @ 5:51pm

In this week's episode, Dean Winchester will come face to face with an enemy he had long forgotten: puberty.

Read More  •  Comments ()

Supernatural: There’s No Place Like Home

Posted by Kyle Tetarenko | Thursday, January 29, 2015 @ 2:03am

It's a tale of two Charlies but after fighting in a war for the Emerald City, is she still the same person?

Read More  •  Comments ()

Comedian Big Daddy Tazz hosts his 14th annual fundraiser this Saturday in Winnipeg

Posted by Showbiz Monkeys | Thursday, January 22, 2015 @ 5:47am

Big Daddy Tazz has been performing at comedy clubs and theatres across Canada and beyond for years, making people laugh about the mundane while also opening up about his own struggles with bi-polar disorder. Originally from Saskatchewan, the self-described "Bi-Polar Buddah" moved to the thriving metropolis of Winnipeg, Manitoba to begin his career in show business as a stand-up comic, writer, actor, and voiceover artist. But along the way, he's also used his position as a sought-after comedian to shine light on issues that are important to him, namely children (he regularly works with children's health charities and speaks at schools across the country) and mental health initiatives.

Frankly, you likely won't find many entertainers around giving as much of their time to others as Big Daddy Tazz.

Read More  •  Comments ()

View More Posts >

Featured Contest

Enter to win a pair of tickets to the Winnipeg Comedy Festival "After Dark", taking place Thursday, April 9 at 10:30pm!

Contest Details >